Subject: Problem with moderation of messages with patched attached.

From: Pavel Borisov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 16:31:14 +0400

Hi, hackers!

Around 2 months ago I've noticed a problem that messages containing patches
in the thread [1] were always processed with manual moderation. They appear
in hackers' thread hours after posting None of them are from new CF members
and personally, I don't see a reason for such inconvenience. The problem
still exists as of today.

Can someone make changes in a moderation engine to make it more liberal and
convenient for authors?

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CACG%3DezZe1NQSCnfHOr78AtAZxJZeCvxrts0ygrxYwe%3DpyyjVWA%40mail.gmail.com

-- 
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com <http://www.postgrespro.com>

---

From: Maxim Orlov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 15:33:40 +0300

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 3:31 PM Pavel Borisov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi, hackers!
>
> Around 2 months ago I've noticed a problem that messages containing
> patches in the thread [1] were always processed with manual moderation.
> They appear in hackers' thread hours after posting None of them are from
> new CF members and personally, I don't see a reason for such inconvenience.
> The problem still exists as of today.
>
> Can someone make changes in a moderation engine to make it more liberal
> and convenient for authors?
>
> [1]

Confirm

-- 
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.

---

From: Aleksander Alekseev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 16:00:06 +0300

Hi hackers,

> Confirm

Here are my two cents.

My last email to pgsql-jobs@ was moderated in a similar fashion. To my
knowledge that mailing list is not pre-moderated. So it may have the same
problem, and not only with patches. (We use regular Google Workspace.)

The pgsql-hackers@ thread under question seems to have two mailing list
addresses in cc:. Maybe this is the reason [1]:

> Cross-posted emails will be moderated and therefore will also take longer
to reach the subscribers if approved.

Although it's strange that only emails with attachments seem to be affected.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/list/

-- 
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 13:18:14 +0000

Hi

> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CACG%3DezZe1NQSCnfHOr78AtAZxJZeCvxrts0ygrxYwe%3DpyyjVWA%40mail.gmail.com

Here's the moderation reason for that message:

Message to list pgsql-hackers held for moderation due to 'Size 1MB (1061796
bytes) is larger than threshold 1000KB (1024000 bytes)', notice queued for
2 moderators

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

---

From: Aleksander Alekseev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 16:24:03 +0300

Hi Dave,

> Message to list pgsql-hackers held for moderation due to 'Size 1MB (1061796 bytes) is larger than threshold 1000KB (1024000 bytes)', notice queued for 2 moderators

Thanks! Does anyone know if cfbot understands .patch.gz and/or .tgz ?

-- 
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

---

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 12:40:47 -0500

Greetings,

> problem, and not only with patches. (We use regular Google Workspace.)

-jobs is moderated.

Thanks,

Stephen