Subject: pg_upgrde failed : logical replication : alter_subscription_add_log

From: Perumal Raj <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 17:47:57 -0700

Hi Community

I am trying to upgrade PostgreSQL (RHEL 7) from version 13.7 to 15.6 using
pglogical.
My Standby(destination) machine has following rpms,

*postgresql13-pglogical-3.7.16-1.el7.x86_64pglogical_15-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64*

And Primary(Source) has ,

*postgresql13-pglogical-3.7.16-1.el7.x86_64*
pg_upgrade check mode went fine , but it failed while running real mode.

pg_restore: while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: from TOC entry 13027; 1255 3375648004 FUNCTION
alter_subscription_add_log("text", "text", boolean, "regclass", "text"[],
"text"[]) postgres
pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR:  could not find function
"pglogical_alter_subscription_add_log" in file
"/usr/pgsql-15/lib/pglogical.so"
Command was: CREATE FUNCTION
"pglogical"."alter_subscription_add_log"("sub_name" "text", "log_name"
"text", "log_to_file" boolean DEFAULT true, "log_to_table" "regclass"
DEFAULT NULL::"regclass", "conflict_type" "text"[] DEFAULT NULL::"text"[],
"conflict_resolution" "text"[] DEFAULT NULL::"text"[]) RETURNS boolean
    LANGUAGE "c"
    AS '$libdir/pglogical', 'pglogical_alter_subscription_add_log';

-- For binary upgrade, handle extension membership the hard way
ALTER EXTENSION "pglogical" ADD FUNCTION
"pglogical"."alter_subscription_add_log"("sub_name" "text", "log_name"
"text", "log_to_file" boolean, "log_to_table" "regclass", "conflict_type"
"text"[], "conflict_resolution" "text"[]);

Am I missing any packages?

Thanks,