Subject: Re: Clean up find_typedefs and add support for Mac

From: "Tristan Partin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 11:23:50 -0600

On Tue Dec 12, 2023 at 5:02 PM CST, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Tristan Partin" <[email-masked]> writes:
> > The big patch here is adding support for Mac. objdump -W doesn't work on 
> > Mac. So, I used dsymutil and dwarfdump to achieve the same result.
>
> We should probably nuke the current version of src/tools/find_typedef
> altogether in favor of copying the current buildfarm code for that.
> We know that the buildfarm's version works, whereas I'm not real sure
> that src/tools/find_typedef is being used in anger by anyone.  Also,
> we're long past the point where developers can avoid having Perl
> installed.
>
> Ideally, the buildfarm client would then start to use find_typedef
> from the tree rather than have its own copy, both to reduce
> duplication and to ensure that the in-tree copy keeps working.

That makes sense to me. Where can I find the buildfarm code to propose 
a different patch, at least pulling in the current state of the 
buildfarm script? Or perhaps Andrew is the best person for this job.

-- 
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)