Subject: pgsql: Add pg_get_acl() to get the ACL for a database object

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2024 08:09:25 +0000

Add pg_get_acl() to get the ACL for a database object

This function returns the ACL for a database object, specified by
catalog OID and object OID.  This is useful to be able to
retrieve the ACL associated to an object specified with a
(class_id,objid) couple, similarly to the other functions for object
identification, when joined with pg_depend or pg_shdepend.

Original idea by Álvaro Herrera.

Bump catalog version.

Author: Joel Jacobson
Reviewed-by: Isaac Morland, Michael Paquier, Ranier Vilela
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/4564f1cebd437d93590027c9ff46ef60bc3286ae

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/func.sgml                   | 41 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/backend/catalog/objectaddress.c      | 48 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/include/catalog/catversion.h         |  2 +-
src/include/catalog/pg_proc.dat          |  5 ++++
src/test/regress/expected/privileges.out | 29 +++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/privileges.sql      |  6 ++++
6 files changed, 130 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)