Subject: pgsql's datetime perl equivalent ?

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 01:10:23 +0300 (GMT)

Thomas,

do you know if there are perl equivalent for datetime validity check ?
I use Date::Parse to validate datetime stuff I insert into postgresql,
but seems postgres is smarter. For example,
'Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:37:16 -5:00' if fine for postgresql but
produces error in Date::Parse :-)

	Regards,
		Oleg
_____________________________________________________________
Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
Internet: [email-masked], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2030 01:52:07 -0000

> produces error in Date::Parse :-)

Date::Parse is not parsing it because of your timezone: "-5:00"
is not legal; according to ISO 8601 it should be one of:
+HH:MM, +HH, -HH:MM, -HH
(see the TIMEZONES section in perldoc Date::Manip for a complete list)

Just add a zero before the five and Date::Manip and postgresql 
will be more than happy to play with the date.

Greg Sabino Mullane
[email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200112162039