Subject: Re: Memory leak in WAL sender with pgoutput (v10~)

From: Amit Kapila <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2024 14:01:00 +0530

On Tue, Dec 3, 2024 at 12:17 PM Michael Paquier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> So how about the attached that introduces a FreePublication() matching
> with GetPublication(), used to do the cleanup?  Feel free to comment.
>

As you would have noted I am fine with the fix on these lines but I
suggest holding it till we conclude the memory context point raised by
me today. It is possible that we are still leaking some memory in
other related scenarios.

-- 
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2024 18:11:43 +0900

> me today. It is possible that we are still leaking some memory in

Sure.  I've not seen anything else, but things are complicated enough
in this code that a path could always have been missed.
--
Michael