Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for displaying database service in psql prompt

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2024 16:38:24 +0900

On Thu, Nov 28, 2024 at 09:17:23PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2024 at 07:47:58PM -0500, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > Compiled and tested: works fine, so +1 from me. Honestly, I was surprised
> > %s was still available. :)
> 
> Thanks. Was that full review? You kept the commitfest item in "Needs
> Review" state.

No objections to this proposal, that can be useful.  No objections
with the use of 's' for the shortcut in the psql prompt.

Back to your patch, you are missing two things at quick glance:
- Documentation for the new libpq API in 0001.
- Documentation for the new SERVICE and its new %s (see section called
"Prompting" on the psql page.

So please make sure to provide these with the next version of the
patch.
--
Michael