Subject: Re: [Code Cleanup] : Small code cleanup in twophase.sql

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 15:04:14 +0900

On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 06:31:42PM +0530, Nishant Sharma wrote:
> To support it I have below points:-
> 
> 1) Grepping this table 'test_prepared_savepoint' shows occurrences
> only in twophase.out & twophase.sql files. This means that table is
> local to that sql test file and not used in any other test file.
> 
> 2) I don't see any comment on why this was not added in the cleanup
> section of twophase.sql, but drop for other two test tables are done.
> 
> 3) I ran "make check-world" with the patch and I don't see any failures.

Note that sometimes tables are left around in the regression tests for
pg_upgrade, so as we can test dedicated upgrade paths for some object
types.  But, here, I think you're right: this is not a table that
matters for an upgrade and the end of the test file also expects a
cleanup.  So okay for me to drop this table here.
--
Michael