Subject: Re: oid2name : add objects file path

From: Laurenz Albe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2026 06:24:56 +0100

On Mon, 2025-12-15 at 15:30 +0100, David Bidoc wrote:
> I attached the rebased and updated patch.

That patch looks good to me, and I think that is a useful addition.

If you want to display the path of databases as well, as you tried to
do in the original patch, I think the way to go would be to write a
new SQL function pg_database_filepath() similar to pg_relation_filepath().
That shouldn't be too hard - would you want to try that?

Other than that, you could try to propose a commit message and
prepare your patch with

  git format-patch -v5 -1 -o /mypatches HEAD

after committing it to your branch.  That would make the committer's
work easier.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

---

From: Mark Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2026 12:22:40 -0800

> after committing it to your branch.  That would make the committer's

I took a look with Phil Alger and we just have a couple of cosmetic
suggestions.

* There is an extra period (.) added to the change in the documentation.
* We would suggest using "Path" instead of "Filepath" in the column
  name.  While "Filepath" more closely reflects the the function used,
  "Path" reads a little more smoothly, and text in existing
  documentation tends to only reads "path" instead of "file path" when
  referring to paths on the filesystem.

Regards,
Mark
--
Mark Wong <[email-masked]>
EDB https://enterprisedb.com

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2026 09:03:29 +0900

>   referring to paths on the filesystem.

Yes, let's just use Path for the whole concept.  The two code paths
changed apply to -x, with -t able to filter the data for a single
table.  The docs have only one example when combining -x and -t,
meaning that the changes in the patch are OK.

Applied with these changes.  Sorry for the delay (I had this patch
marked on my stack of TODO things).
--
Michael