Subject: Rename LWLockNewTrancheId() parameter from "name" to "tranche_name"

From: Sami Imseih <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2026 13:34:38 -0500

Hi,

While looking at something nearby, I noticed a naming inconsistency
for the parameter
name in LWLockNewTrancheId(). It should be tranche_name, similar to
RequestNamedLWLockTranche(), and in other places it's referenced in
the docs/comments.

CC'ng Nathan who committed 38b602b0289fe1d where this was introduced.

--
Sami Imseih
Amazon Web Services (AWS)

---

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2026 14:30:37 -0500

On Thu, Mar 26, 2026 at 01:34:38PM -0500, Sami Imseih wrote:
> While looking at something nearby, I noticed a naming inconsistency for
> the parameter name in LWLockNewTrancheId(). It should be tranche_name,
> similar to RequestNamedLWLockTranche(), and in other places it's
> referenced in the docs/comments.

I don't mind changing it, but I don't find "tranche_name" to be
substantially better than "name" in this case.  Maybe it's a little
clearer, but there's not much room for confusion here.

-- 
nathan

---

From: Sami Imseih <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2026 14:33:52 -0500

> substantially better than "name" in this case.

It's just a matter of consistency and it's more descriptive to the
caller, IMO.