Subject: feature freeze for v19 begins April 8th at 12:00 UTC

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2026 09:22:55 -0500

Per a nearby thread [0], there seems to be agreement that feature freeze
for v19 will begin at the standard [1] time:

	April 8th, 2026 at 12:00 UTC

In other words, no new features can be committed to PostgreSQL 19 after
this time.  The Release Management Team (RMT) for this release has not yet
been formed, but open items and important dates will be tracked here:

	https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_19_Open_Items

[0] https://postgr.es/m/flat/CAGECzQSPzprMNguV6pA671kbSznNmufgqCQGNmpUm4VgdfLW-A%40mail.gmail.com
[1] https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]

-- 
nathan

---

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2026 10:39:27 -0500

> 	https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_19_Open_Items

We are pleased to announce the Release Management Team (RMT) (cc'd) for the
PostgreSQL 19 release:

- Nathan Bossart
- Heikki Linnakangas
- Melanie Plageman

You can find information about the responsibilities of the RMT here:

	https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Release_Management_Team

On behalf of the PG19 RMT,

-- 
nathan

---

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2026 09:34:14 -0500

We have now entered the feature freeze period.  That means that no new
features will be committed for v19 anymore.  I ask everyone to focus on
testing the new features that got in, documentation, and fixes for old and
new bugs.  Thank you everyone for your contributions!

You can track open items for the PostgreSQL 19 release here:

-- 
nathan