Subject: Re: Network failure may prevent promotion

From: Heikki Linnakangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2025 12:58:15 +0300

On 21/03/2025 15:24, Yura Sokolov wrote:
> I've just rebased patches and merged last two fix-commits (0003 and 0004)
> into 0002.

Thanks for reviving this! I looked over this again and committed.

On May 14, 2024 at 14:16 Robert Haas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I think it would be helpful to make it more clear exactly what's going
> on here. It looks 0001 is intended to revert
> 21ef4d4d897563adb2f7920ad53b734950f1e0a4, which was itself a revert of
> 728f86fec65537eade8d9e751961782ddb527934, and then I guess the
> remaining patches are to fix up issues created by that commit, but the
> commit messages aren't meaningful so it's hard to understand what is
> being fixed.

Yes, that's exactly what's going on here :-). I squashed the patches 
together and explained that in the commit message.

> I think it would also be useful to clarify whether this is imagined to
> be for master only, or something to be back-patched. In addition to
> mentioning that here, it would be good to add that information to the
> target version field of  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/4748/

A lot of time and v17 release passed since you wrote this, but for sake 
of completeness: This is for v18 only. It's not a bug fix. There was an 
bug with the original commit 728f86fec6, which was resolved by reverting 
it in v16 and v17. This commit brings it back in v17, hopefully bug-free 
this time.

-- 
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)