Subject: [PATCH] Document wal_compression=on

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2026 11:58:44 +0200

This was not included when lz4 support was added in
4035cd5d4eee4dae797bfc77ab07f8dcd8781b41, but since the value is still
legal and even mentioned in postgresql.conf.sample, it should be
documented.
---
 doc/src/sgml/config.sgml | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml b/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml
index 569fc0e7dba..d645a50476f 100644
--- a/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml
+++ b/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml
@@ -3671,6 +3671,7 @@ include_dir 'conf.d'
         was compiled with <option>--with-lz4</option>) and
         <literal>zstd</literal> (if <productname>PostgreSQL</productname>
         was compiled with <option>--with-zstd</option>).
+        The value <literal>on</literal> is a deprecated alias for <literal>pglz</literal>.
         The default value is <literal>off</literal>.
         Only superusers and users with the appropriate <literal>SET</literal>
         privilege can change this setting.
-- 
2.53.0

--e4Q8So2tphS9ic0E--