Subject: Bold itemized list entries

From: Ashutosh Bapat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:09:21 +0530

Hi
Bulletted list in Devel branch are all showing up bold as seen in the
screenshot of [1] attached. But the same page for 9.6 branch shows
normal bulletted lists. If I try to bulid docs from the latest
resources (at commit ae0e550ce1703621efb3b75f4558df253cef5bca), the
html renders bulletted items normally. Does anybody else notice this?

Sorry, if there was some previous report of this and the issue has
been fixed but HTML pages on postgresql.org haven't got refreshed.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/ddl-partitioning.html
-- 
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company

-- 
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

---

From: Amit Langote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 18:24:21 +0900

> been fixed but HTML pages on postgresql.org haven't got refreshed.

I've seen some other formatting differences as well when viewing the HEAD
versions of the docs on www.postgresql.org (couldn't really tell from the
locally built ones viewed in Chrome on Windows, because not sure if the
same styling rules are being applied).

Screenshots comparing snippets of the create-table refpage are attached
(one is for 9.6 and the other for HEAD, as filenames indicate).

Thanks,
Amit

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:56:44 +0100

On Feb 13, 2017 8:45 AM, "Ashutosh Bapat" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

Hi

Hi!

Did this one get fixed with the changes that went on a couple of days ago?

/Magnus

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 06:44:43 +0530

> Did this one get fixed with the changes that went on a couple of days ago?

The lists-being-boldfaced thing seems to be fixed, at least it looks
like it to me, but the devel documentation still doesn't look right
compared to the 9.6 documentation.  For example, in
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/ddl-partitioning.html the
section heading is "5.11 Partitioning" and the font color is grey,
whereas in https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-partitioning.html
the heading is "5.10 Partitioning" and the font color is orange.  The
font size is also slightly larger.  The subheading colors, like
"5.11.1 Overview" are also slightly larger in current than in devel.

The formatting of the grey-brown boxes in the middle of the page has
changed too.  If you compare
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/geqo.html vs
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/geqo.html you can see
that current has "Author" in black boldface, a colon, and then the
text, while devel has "Author" in grey, no colon but instead a blank
line, and then the text.  I think some font property of the text is
different, too; anyway, it seems clear that the new formatting does
not look as good as the old, and it looks like every "Note" and "Tip"
in our documentation is similarly affected.

-- 
Robert Haas
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company