Subject: [PATCH] doc: warn about post-data-only schema dumps with parallel restore.

From: Vaibhave Sekar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2026 10:54:00 +0000

> 2. email addresses with no name associated. The program goes through the =
pg-hackers mbox files from 2024 up through last month - so the email being =
in this list is probably a sign that either the email address was erroneous=
, or the sender does not want their name associated. There are 288 of these=
, but I assume a lot of them are duplicates.
>
> 3. Names in preferred_name+variant_name where evidence exists that the pr=
eferred name is the spelling preferred by that person, with additional rows=
 pairing the preferred names with known variations/typos/etc. There are 320=
 of these, but some may be duplicates.
>
> If you did work on v19, your name or email should be in one of those. Che=
ck it out, post corrections and I'll coalesce them. Also, if you expected t=
o see your name (or somebody else's) but don't, reply with the commit hash(=
es) that you feel are in error.

In the generated artifacts that you shared, it would be nice to have
commit IDs for other hackers to quickly refer to and verify. But
that's okay, reviewers can check it anyway with git logs.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com