Subject: Re: Why do we define HAVE_GSSAPI_EXT_H?

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2024 19:05:32 -0400

Andres Freund <[email-masked]> writes:
> configure/meson define HAVE_GSSAPI_EXT_H / HAVE_GSSAPI_GSSAPI_EXT_H - but
> afaict we don't use those anywhere?

It looks to me like it's just a byproduct of the autoconf macros
we use to verify that you have a sane installation:

if test "$with_gssapi" = yes ; then
  AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi/gssapi.h, [],
	[AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([gssapi.h header file is required for GSSAPI])])])
  AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi/gssapi_ext.h, [],
	[AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi_ext.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([gssapi_ext.h header file is required for GSSAPI])])])
fi

There might be a variant of AC_CHECK_HEADERS that doesn't have
the default define-a-symbol action, not sure.

Maybe it's not really necessary to check both gssapi.h and
gssapi_ext.h, but I'm not very familiar with all the variants of
GSSAPI that are out there.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Andres Freund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 17:05:07 -0700

Hi,

> the default define-a-symbol action, not sure.

Yep, the singular version doesn't. That's what my attached patch uses...

> GSSAPI that are out there.

Me neither. I think it's fine to check both, I am just suggesting not to
define a pg_config.h symbol for both...

Greetings,

Andres Freund