Subject: Re: documentation structure

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 11:11:53 -0400

On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 9:40 AM Robert Haas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 2. Demote "Monitoring Disk Usage" from a chapter on its own to a
> section of the "Monitoring Database Activity" chapter. I haven't seen
> any objections to this, and I'd like to move ahead with it.
>
> 3. Merge the separate chapters on various built-in index AMs into one.
> Peter didn't think this was a good idea, but Tom and Alvaro's comments
> focused on how to do it mechanically, and on whether the chapters
> needed to be reordered afterwards, which I took to mean that they were
> OK with the basic concept. David Johnston was also clearly in favor of
> it. So I'd like to move ahead with this one, too.

I committed these two patches.

> 4. Consolidate the "Generic WAL Records" and "Custom WAL Resource
> Managers" chapters, which cover related topics, into a single one. I
> didn't see anyone object to this, but David Johnston pointed out that
> the patch I posted was a few bricks short of a load, because it really
> needed to put some introductory text into the new chapter. I'll study
> this a bit more and propose a new patch that does the same thing a bit
> more carefully than my previous version did.

Here is a new version of this patch. I think this is v18 material at
this point, absent an outcry to the contrary. Sometimes we're flexible
about doc patches.

-- 
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 16:15:29 +0200

> this point, absent an outcry to the contrary. Sometimes we're flexible

Looks good to me.  I think this could go into PG17.

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:06:11 -0400

> Looks good to me.  I think this could go into PG17.

Hearing no objections, done.