Subject: Query regarding sharing data directory

From: Harsh N Bhatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 10:51:45 +0530

Respected Sir/Ma'am,
I have a doubt regarding the storage of the data directory path of
PostgreSQL. I'm using PostgreSQL server 15 in which I want to give a path
to an external drive RAID Memory Storage. Which is on the LAN Network? Is
it compatible or not? If it is then which file system is suitable: NAS or
SAN?

If it is, can you share any documents with me?

Regards
Harsh

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 10:03:17 +0900

> If it is, can you share any documents with me?

If you can connect to your server, you could use the following query
to know where your data folder is:
SHOW data_directory;

The location of the data directory is something that distributions and
installations set by themselves, so in short it depends on your
environment except if you set up a cluster by yourself.
--
Michael