Subject: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

From: Erik Rijkers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 21:11:14 +0200

Op 5/16/24 om 20:30 schreef Robert Haas:
> Hi,
> 
> The original intent of CommitFests, and of commitfest.postgresql.org
> by extension, was to provide a place where patches could be registered
> to indicate that they needed to be reviewed, thus enabling patch
> authors and patch reviewers to find each other in a reasonably
> efficient way. I don't think it's working any more. I spent a good

Hi,

Perhaps it would be an idea to let patches 'expire' automatically unless 
they are 'rescued' (=given another year)  by committer or commitfest 
manager (or perhaps a somewhat wider group - but not too many). 
Expiration after, say, one year should force patch-authors to mount a 
credible defense for his/her patch to either get his work rescued or 
reinstated/resubmitted.

Just a thought that has crossed my mind already a few times. It's not 
very sympathetic but it might work keep the list smaller.

Erik Rijkers