Subject: Percona is Seeking a PostgreSQL Consultant [North AMER based]

From: Jennifer Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 14:30:22 -0400

Hi Everyone!

At Percona, we are seeking a remote (work from home) Consultant.  The
PostgreSQL Consultant is an individual who is focused on providing the
highest quality technical advice to our Percona customers. You’re the face
of Percona to our customers, and their success in achieving their goals, is
your success.

Percona has been in business since 2006.  We provide Software, Support,
Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as
Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the
BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application
performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as
thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database
Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw
attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.

 We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of
working on a multinational team of experts.

This position reports to a Managing Consultant. You will work both from
customer premises and remotely, with customer onsite work estimated at
around 50% of the time. Most people work from their homes when not onsite.
Travel will be required, both for onsite projects and internal meetings.
Access to a reliable high-speed Internet connection is required. This
position is for the US, and the consultant must be able to work full-time
during US business hours.

Core Job Duties:

   - PostgreSQL, MySQL and Linux systems consulting
   - Professional Development  - Skills, knowledge and processes
   - Marketing activities - blogging, conference attendance, etc
   - Administrative Work

Technical Specific Requirements:

   - 5+ Years PostgreSQL Administration
   - Detailed understanding of the PostgreSQL Architecture and internals.
   - Understanding and working knowledge of various extensions in PostgreSQL
   - 3+ Years MySQL Administration
   - Understanding of replication and high availability tools and methods.
   Including knowledge on High Availability and Connection Pooling & Load
   Balancing PostgreSQL workloads.
   - Query tuning
   - PostgreSQL Parameter Tuning.
   - Must have a detailed understanding on tuning Memory parameters in
   PostgreSQL.
   - PostgreSQL Performance Analysis.
   - Problem solver skills
   - Basic understanding of Innodb
   - Knowledge on plpgsql advantageous
   - Strong shell skills
   - Strong ability to troubleshoot in a linux environment

*See full description and apply here
<https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=odKE7fws&s=PostgresJobBoard>.*
Website:  percona.com

Warm regards,
Jennifer

*Jennifer Miller*
Talent Acquisition Specialist, Percona
Skype: percona.jmiller
Email: <http://goog_947090731>[email-masked]
Phone:  +1 888-401-3401 ext. 046
Standard Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM Eastern Time Zone, USA

*Interested in attending Percona Live Europe? Find out more here!
<https://www.percona.com/live/e18/registration-information> *
*Sponsorship opportunities can be found here.
<https://www.percona.com/live/e18/be-a-sponsor>*