Subject: Re: ensure, not insure

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 10:22:09 +0900

On Wed, Nov 08, 2023 at 08:31:28PM +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 at 19:56, Peter Smith <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> In passing I found/fixed a bunch of similar misuses in comments.
> 
> Those all look fine to me too.

+1.
--
Michael

---

From: David Rowley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 00:20:59 +1300

> > Those all look fine to me too.

I've pushed this.  I backpatched due to the typo in the fsync GUC
description.  I'd have only pushed to master if it were just the
comment typos.

I noticed older versions had another instance of "insure" in a code
comment. I opted to leave that one alone since that file is now gone
in more recent versions.

David

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 10:00:12 -0500

> description.  I'd have only pushed to master if it were just the

FTR, I do not think you should have back-patched.  You created extra
work for the translation team, and the mistake is subtle enough that
it wasn't worth that.  (My dictionary says that "insure and ensure
are often interchangeable, particularly in US English".)

			regards, tom lane