Subject: Re: fix and document CLUSTER privileges

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 10:18:56 -0800

On Wed, Jan 04, 2023 at 02:25:13PM +0100, Gilles Darold wrote:
> This is the current behavior of the CLUSTER command and current patch adds a
> sentence about the silent behavior in the documentation. This is good but I
> just want to ask if we could want to fix this behavior too or just keep
> things like that with the lack of noise.

I've proposed something like what you are describing in another thread [0].
I intended to simply fix and document the current behavior in this thread
and to take up any new changes in the other one.

[0] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/41/4070/

-- 
Nathan Bossart
Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com

---

From: Gilles Darold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 23:27:05 +0100

> [0] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/41/4070/

Got it, this is patch add_cluster_skip_messages.patch . IMHO this patch 
should be part of this commitfest as it is directly based on this one. 
You could create a second patch here that adds the warning message so 
that committers can decide here if it should be applied.

-- 
Gilles Darold