Subject: Re: Commit fest 2025-03

From: vignesh C <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2025 17:40:41 +0530

On Wed, 5 Mar 2025 at 16:50, Jim Jones <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi Vignesh
>
> On 05.03.25 10:22, vignesh C wrote:
> > The following "Ready for committer" patches needs rebase
> > ---------------------------------------
> > Truncate logs by max_log_size - Kirill Gavrilov
> >
> > Patch owners, please provide a rebased version to prepare it for
> > reviewers and committers.
>
> Is there something wrong with the commitfest app? This patch applies
> cleanly and passes all tests

This issue has been addressed now, here are the updated patches that
needs to be rebased:
The walsender does not update its IO statistics until it exits -
Bertrand Drouvot
noreturn attribute for MSVC, C11 - Peter Eisentraut
Add pg_stat_session - Sergey Dudoladov
Logging plan of the currently running query - Atsushi Torikoshi
Index Prefetching -  Tomas Vondra
Allow partition-wise join when whole row var is needed - Alexander Pyhalov
Asynchronous MergeAppend Execution - Alexander Pyhalov
AIO - Andres Freund
Limiting overshoot in nbtree SAOP parallel index scans - Matthias van de Meent
Use read_stream in index vacuum -  Andrey Borodin
Adding compression of temporary files - Filip Janus
Allow to use an index for ILIKE in more cases - Yugo NAGATA
Use Bump allocator for HashAgg - Jeff Davis
Read stream scalability improvements and AIO-compatibility - Thomas Munro
Compress big WAL records  - Andrey Borodin
Reduce timing overhead of EXPLAIN ANALYZE using rdtsc  - Lukas Fittl
Use XLOG_CONTROL_FILE macro everywhere - Anton A. Melnikov
Don't dirty pages while they are getting flushed out - Andres Freund
Enable logical decoding when wal_level = 'replica' without a server
restart - Masahiko Sawada
VACUUM FULL / CLUSTER CONCURRENTLY - Antonin Houska
NOT ENFORCED constraint feature - Amul Sul
Changing shared_buffers without restart - Ashutosh Bapat
Extended Statistics set/restore/clear functions - Corey Huinker
general purpose array_sort - jian he
explain plans for foreign servers - Dinesh Salve
Enable fine-grained control over what gets logged on connection
attempt (reduces log size) - Sergey
Allow CI to only run the compiler warnings task - Bertrand Drouvot

Patch owners, please provide a rebased version to prepare it for
reviewers and committers.

Regards,
Vignesh

---

From: vignesh C <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2025 09:41:33 +0530

On Mon, 3 Mar 2025 at 15:02, vignesh C <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2025 at 21:49, vignesh C <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > If any of these are ready, please add them to the CommitFest page. If
> > you think some are trivial and don’t need to be added, that’s fine
> > too.
> > Looking forward to a productive CommitFest!
>
> March 2025 commitfest has started, the current status is:
> status                             |   start
> --------------------------------+-----------
> Needs review:                 |   198
> Waiting on Author:           |    37
> Ready for Committer:      |    33
> Committed:                      |    52
> Moved to next CF            |     7
> Withdrawn:                       |   12
> Rejected:                          |     1
> Returned with Feedback: |     2
> Total:                                 |  342

Here's a quick commitfest status report after the first 10 days:
status                         |   start  |  10th Mar
----------------------------+--------+----------------
Needs review:           |   198  | 182
Waiting on Author:     |     37  |   35
Ready for Committer:|     33  |   33
Committed:                |     52  |   67
Moved to next CF:     |      7   |     7
Withdrawn:                |     12  |   15
Rejected:                   |       1  |     1
RWF:                         |       2  |     2
Total:                          |   342 |  342

There are currently 67 patches in the "Ready for Committer" status at
[1]. If any committers have bandwidth, please consider reviewing and
advancing them.

If you have submitted a patch that is in the "Waiting for Author"
state, please update it to "Needs Review" as soon as possible. This is
where reviewers are most likely to focus their efforts. There are 35
patches currently in this state that require updates at [2].

Additionally, 26 patches require a rebase due to recent commits at
[3]. Patch owners are requested to rebase and submit updated versions.
I will be changing the status of these patches to "Waiting on Author",
so please post a rebased version and update the status accordingly.

[1] - https://commitfest.postgresql.org/52/?status=3
[2] - https://commitfest.postgresql.org/52/?status=2
[3] - https://commitfest.postgresql.org/52/?status=1

Regards,
Vignesh

---

From: vignesh C <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 09:26:47 +0530

On Tue, 11 Mar 2025 at 09:41, vignesh C <[email-masked]> wrote:
Here's a quick commitfest status report as of today:
status                         |   start  |  10th  |  17th
----------------------------+---------+---------+---------
Needs review:           |   198   | 182     | 134
Waiting on Author:     |     37  |   35     |    69
Ready for Committer:|     33  |   33     |    34
Committed:                |     52  |   67     |    75
Moved to next CF:     |      7   |     7     |    11
Withdrawn:                |     12  |   15     |    15
Rejected:                   |       1  |     1     |     3
RWF:                         |       2  |     2     |     2
Total:                          |   343 |  343     |  343

Currently, there are 69 patches which are in "Waiting on Author"
status at [1]. Please review the feedback, make the necessary updates,
and move them to "Needs Review" as soon as possible. Additionally, 12
patches require rebasing, as listed in [2]. I am moving these to
"Waiting on Author". Please rebase them and update their status to
"Needs Review". Eight patches have been committed in the last week.

[1] - https://commitfest.postgresql.org/52/?status=2
[2] - https://commitfest.postgresql.org/52/?status=1

Regards,
Vignesh

---

From: vignesh C <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2025 10:07:08 +0530

On Mon, 17 Mar 2025 at 09:26, vignesh C <[email-masked]> wrote:
Here's a quick commitfest status report as of today:
status                         |   start  |  10th  |  17th  |  24th
----------------------------+---------+---------+---------+---------
Needs review:           |   198   | 182     | 134      | 120
Waiting on Author:     |     37  |   35     |    69     |    62
Ready for Committer:|     33  |   33     |    34     |    34
Committed:                |     52  |   67     |    75     |    90
Moved to next CF:     |      7   |     7     |    11     |    14
Withdrawn:                |     12  |   15     |    15     |    18
Rejected:                   |       1  |     1     |     3      |      3
RWF:                         |       2  |     2     |     2      |      2
Total:                          |   343 |  343     |  343    |  343

There are currently 34 patches in the "Ready for Committer" status at
[1]. If any committers have bandwidth, please consider reviewing and
advancing them.
If you have submitted a patch that is in the "Waiting for Author"
state, please update it to "Needs Review" as soon as possible. This is
where reviewers are most likely to focus their efforts. There are 62
patches that are in "Waiting for Author" state at [2]. Additionally,
13 Needs review patches require a rebase due to recent commits at [3].
Patch owners are requested to rebase and submit updated versions.

15 patches have been committed in the last week.

Regards,
Vignesh

---

From: vignesh C <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2025 08:34:32 +0530

Here's a quick commitfest status report as of today:
status                         |  start  |  10th |  17th |  24th  |  31st
----------------------------+---------+-------+-------+--------+---------
Needs review:           |  198   | 182   | 134    | 120   |  105
Waiting on Author:     |    37  |   35    |    69   |    62  |    59
Ready for Committer:|    33  |   33    |    34   |    34  |    27
Committed:                |    52  |   67    |    75   |    90  |  109
Moved to next CF:     |     7   |     7    |    11   |    14  |    16
Withdrawn:                |    12  |   15    |    15   |    18  |    18
Rejected:                   |      1  |     1    |     3    |     3   |      5
RWF:                         |      2  |     2    |     2    |     2   |      4
Total:                          |   343 |  343   |  343   |  343  |  343

There are currently 27 patches in the "Ready for Committer" status at
[1]. If any committers have bandwidth, please consider reviewing and
advancing them. If you have submitted a patch that is in the "Waiting
for Author" state, please update it to "Needs Review" as soon as
possible. This is where reviewers are most likely to focus their
efforts. Additionally, 12 Needs review patches require a rebase due to
recent commits at [2]. Patch owners are requested to rebase and submit
updated versions.

19 patches have been committed in the last week.

Regards,
Vignesh

---

From: vignesh C <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2025 20:37:49 +0530

Here's a quick commitfest status report as of today:
status                         |  start  |  17th |  24th  |  31st  |  07th
----------------------------+---------+-------+-------+--------+---------
Needs review:           |  198   | 134    | 120   |  105   |  64
Waiting on Author:     |    37  |    69   |    62  |    59  |    49
Ready for Committer:|    33  |    34   |    34  |    27  |    22
Committed:                |    52  |    75   |    90  |  109  |  143
Moved to next CF:     |     7   |    11   |    14  |    16  |    30
Withdrawn:                |    12  |    15   |    18  |    18  |    22
Rejected:                   |      1  |     3    |     3   |      5  |      6
RWF:                         |      2  |     2    |     2   |      4  |      7
Total:                          |   343 |  343   |  343  |  343  |  343

34 patches were committed in the past week. With only a couple of days
left in this CommitFest, let's focus on committing the patches that
are ready. For those unlikely to make it, we should begin moving them
to the next CommitFest.

Regards,
Vignesh

---

From: vignesh C <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2025 06:33:36 +0530

On Mon, 7 Apr 2025 at 20:37, vignesh C <[email-masked]> wrote:
Thanks a lot to all the members who participated in the commitfest.

Here are the final numbers at the end of the commitfest:
status                         |  End of Commitfest
----------------------------+---------------------------
Needs review:           |    54
Waiting on Author:     |    47
Ready for Committer:|    18
Committed:                |   150
Moved to next CF:     |     38
Withdrawn:                |      22
Rejected:                   |       6
RWF:                         |       8
Total:                          |   343

In comparison to previous March commitfests, we've made remarkable
progress this time by committing an impressive 150 entries.
2025: 150 committed
2024: 131 committed
2023: 127 committed
2022:  98 committed
2021: 122 committed
2020:  90 committed

A special thanks to the reviewers/committers who spent tireless effort
in moving the patches forward.

As per the developer meeting at FOSDEM, patches should only be moved
forward by someone involved in the patch who knows that the patch is
actually being worked on which is mentioned at [1]. So requesting
respective members to move their commitfest entries to the next
commitfest.
[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/003e3a66-8fcc-4ca0-9e0e-c0afda1c9424%40eisentraut.org

Regards,
Vignesh