Subject: Compilation error after redesign of the archive modules

From: Sravan Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 13:41:07 +0530

Hi,
    With the redesign of the archive modules:
35739b87dcfef9fc0186aca659f262746fecd778 - Redesign archive modules
   if we were to compile basic_archive module with USE_PGXS=1, we get
compilation error:

[]$ make USE_PGXS=1
gcc -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Werror=vla -Wendif-labels
-Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing
-fwrapv -fexcess-precision=standard -g -g -O0 -fPIC
-fvisibility=hidden -I. -I./
-I/home/sravanv/work/workspaces/PGdevel_test/include/postgresql/server
-I/home/sravanv/work/workspaces/PGdevel_test/include/postgresql/internal
 -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include/libxml2   -c -o basic_archive.o
basic_archive.c -MMD -MP -MF .deps/basic_archive.Po
basic_archive.c:33:36: fatal error: archive/archive_module.h: No such
file or directory
 #include "archive/archive_module.h"
                                    ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [basic_archive.o] Error 1

I have attached a patch that fixes the problem. Can you please review
if it makes sense to push this patch?

-- 
Thanks & Regards,
Sravan Velagandula
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 17:16:53 +0900

> if it makes sense to push this patch?

Indeed, reproduced here.  I'll fix that in a bit..
--
Michael

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 14:03:43 +0900

> Indeed, reproduced here.  I'll fix that in a bit..

(Sorry for the late reply, I thought that I sent that on Friday but it
was stuck in my drafts.)

Note that your patch took only care of the ./configure part of the
installation process, but it was missing meson.  Applied a fix for
both as of 6ad5793.
--
Michael