Subject: Re: [PATCH] allow pg_current_logfile() execution under pg_monitor role

From: Nathan Bossart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 10:36:57 -0600

On Fri, Feb 09, 2024 at 04:01:58PM +0100, Pavlo Golub wrote:
> The patch attached fixes an oversight/inconsistency of disallowing the
> pg_monitor system role to execute pg_current_logfile([text]).

I think this is reasonable.  We allow pg_monitor to execute functions like
pg_ls_logdir(), so it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to expect it to
have privileges for pg_current_logfile(), too.  Are there any other
functions that pg_monitor ought to have privileges for?

-- 
Nathan Bossart
Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com

---

From: "Pavlo Golub" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 12:27:54 +0000

>  Are there any other
Not that I'm aware of at the moment. This one was found by chance.

Kind regards,
Pavlo Golub