Subject: Re: UUID v7

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 16:50:39 +0100

On 11.02.23 02:14, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2023-02-10 15:57:50 -0800, Andrey Borodin wrote:
>> As you may know there's a new version of UUID being standardized [0].
>> These new algorithms of UUID generation are very promising for
>> database performance.
> 
> I agree it's very useful to have.
> 
> 
>> [0] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-peabody-dispatch-new-uuid-format-04
> 
> That looks to not be the current version anymore, it's superseded by:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-uuidrev-rfc4122bis

Yes, this means that the draft that an individual had uploaded has now 
been taken on by a working group for formal review.  If there is a 
prototype implementation, this is a good time to provide feedback.  But 
it's too early to ship a production version.