Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v12

From: Andres Freund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:10:33 -0700

Hi,

Small update for posterity:

On 2022-09-09 16:58:36 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I've run this through enough attempts by now that I'm quite confident that the
> problem does not occur when the errormode does not include
> SEM_NOOPENFILEERRORBOX. I'll want a few more runs to be certain, but...
> 
> 
> Given that the problem appears to happen after _exit() is called, and only
> when SEM_NOOPENFILEERRORBOX is not set, it seems likely to be an OS / C
> runtime bug. Presumably it's related to something that python does first, but
> I don't see how anything could justify crashing only if SEM_NOOPENFILEERRORBOX
> is set (rather than the opposite).

These SEM_NOOPENFILEERRORBOX references should have been SEM_NOGPFAULTERRORBOX
- I guess after staring at these names for a while, I couldn't quite see the
difference anymore.

Greetings,

Andres Freund