Subject: Re: ExecTypeSetColNames is fundamentally broken

From: Aleksander Alekseev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:47:15 +0300

Hi hackers,

> Anyone else have thoughts?

I came across this thread while looking for the patches that need review.

My understanding of the code is limited, but I can say that I don't
see anything particularly wrong with it. I can also confirm that it
fixes the problem reported by the user while passing the rest of the
tests.

I understand the concern expressed by Robert in respect of backward
compatibility. From the user's perspective, personally I would prefer
a fixed bug over backward compatibility. Especially if we consider the
fact that the current behaviour of cases like `select row_to_json(i)
from int8_tbl i(x,y)` is not necessarily the correct one, at least it
doesn't look right to me.

So unless anyone has strong objections against the proposed fix or can
propose a better patch, I would suggest merging it.

-- 
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev