Subject: pgsql: Restart logical replication launcher when killed

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 19:16:54 +0000

Restart logical replication launcher when killed

Author: Yugo Nagata <[email-masked]>

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f669c09989bda894d6ba01634ccb229f0687c08a

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/tcop/postgres.c | 5 +++--
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
Sent via pgsql-committers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-committers

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 08:46:35 +0900

> Restart logical replication launcher when killed

-           /* The logical replication launcher can be stopped at any time. */
-           proc_exit(0);
+           /* The logical replication launcher can be stopped at any time.
+            * Use exit status 1 so the background worker is restarted. */
+           proc_exit(1);
I know I am noisy on the matter but... This comment format is not PG-like.
-- 
Michael

-- 
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

---

From: Andres Freund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 16:52:16 -0700

> I know I am noisy on the matter but... This comment format is not PG-like.

That's since been repaired by the new pgindent run.  But what I'm a bit
confused about is why we're going for proc_exit() for replication
launchers when other types of processes simply FATAL out?  Seems like a
weird change.  It's not like it's not log-worthy if somebody kills the
launcher?

- Andres