Subject: Re: Backends stunk in wait event IPC/MessageQueueInternal

From: Thomas Munro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 09:49:14 +1200

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 11:03 AM Thomas Munro <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 11:18 AM Thomas Munro <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 3:31 PM Thomas Munro <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > > On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 3:45 PM Japin Li <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > > > Maybe use the __illumos__ macro more accurity.
> > > >
> > > > +#elif defined(WAIT_USE_EPOLL) && defined(HAVE_SYS_SIGNALFD_H) && \
> > > > +       !defined(__sun__)
> > >
> > > Thanks, updated, and with a new commit message.
> >
> > Pushed to master and REL_14_STABLE.
>
> FTR: I noticed that https://www.illumos.org/issues/13700 had been
> marked fixed, so I asked if we should remove our check[1].  Nope,
> another issue was opened at https://www.illumos.org/issues/14892,
> which I'll keep an eye on.  It seems we're pretty good at hitting
> poll/event-related kernel bugs in various OSes.

I happened to notice in the release notes for OmniOS that Stephen
posted in the nearby GSSAPI thread that this has now been fixed.  I
think there's no point in changing the back branches (hard to
synchronise with kernel upgrades), but I also don't want to leave this
weird wart in the code forever.  Shall we remove it in 16?  I don't
personally care if it's 16 or 17, but I wanted to make a note about
the cleanup opportunity either way, and will add this to the open
commitfest.