Subject: Fix typo in code comment

From: "Dewei Dai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2026 19:20:27 +0800

Hi hickers,
I fixed a comment error in origin.c.
The original comment was "* Replication origin consist out of a descriptive, user defined, externa..."
where I think "consist out of" is a typo and it should be "consists of".

Best regards,

[email-masked]

---

From: Ashutosh Bapat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2026 20:54:23 +0530

> where I think "consist out of" is a typo and it should be "consists of".

You are right. LGTM.

However, I find use of "consist of" itself not so accurate. consists
of is used to denote relationship between whole and its parts. But
what the sentence talks about is alternate representations of
replication origin - long and short one. I think the sentence should
be rewritten as "Replication origin has two interchangeable
identifications: a descriptive .... ". What do you think?

-- 
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

---

From: Amit Kapila <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2026 09:58:33 +0530

> > where I think "consist out of" is a typo and it should be "consists of".

I pushed that change but we can still improve it if we decide on a
better version of the comment.

> identifications: a descriptive .... ". What do you think?

I am not so sure of the interchangeable part because here we seem to
be talking about Replication origin identity, it seems the missing
information is that internal representation is a 2-byte *identifier*.
So, we could improve it in one of the following ways:

1.
 * Replication origins consist of two parts:
* - A descriptive, user-defined external name
* - A short, space-efficient internal identifier (2 bytes)

2. Replication origin consists of a descriptive, user defined,
external name and a short, thus space efficient, internal 2 byte
identifier one.

-- 
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.