Subject: Re: Support event trigger for logoff

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:36:34 -0400

Japin Li <[email-masked]> writes:
> I see [1] has already implemented on login event trigger, why not implement
> the logoff event trigger?

What happens if the session crashes, or otherwise fails unexpectedly?

> Here is a problem with the regression test when using \c to create a new
> session, because it might be running concurrently, which may lead to the
> checking being unstable.

> Any thoughts?

Let's not go there at all.  I don't think there's enough field
demand to justify dealing with this concept.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Japin Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 21:24:29 +0800

> What happens if the session crashes, or otherwise fails unexpectedly?

I am currently unsure how to handle such situations, but I believe it is not
only for logoff events.

> demand to justify dealing with this concept.

Thanks for your point out this for me.

--
Regards,
Japin Li