Subject: RE: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 03:30:11 +0000

On Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:29 AM Peter Smith <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Thanks for all the patch updates. Patch v19 LGTM.
> 

+1

Regards,
Shi Yu

---

From: Amit Kapila <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 15:20:37 +0530

> > Thanks for all the patch updates. Patch v19 LGTM.

The patch looks mostly good to me. However, I have one
question/comment as follows:

-       <varlistentry>
+       <varlistentry id="sql-createsubscription-binary" xreflabel="binary">
         <term><literal>binary</literal> (<type>boolean</type>)</term>
         <listitem>

To allow references to the binary option, we add the varlistentry id
here. It looks slightly odd to me to add id for just one entry, see
commit 78ee60ed84bb3a1cf0b6bd9a715dcbcf252a90f5 where we have
purposefully added ids to allow future references. Shall we add id to
other options as well on this page?

-- 
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

---

From: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 10:36:47 +0000

Dear Amit, hackers,

> other options as well on this page?

I have analyzed same points and made patch that could be applied atop v19-0001.
Please check 0002 patch.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED