Subject: Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests

From: Dilip Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 10:27:09 +0530

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 3:14 PM Michael Paquier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 11:09:45AM +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> > I haven't specifically done a review or testing of this patch, but I
> > have used this for testing the CLOG group update code with my
> > SLRU-specific changes and I found it quite helpful to test some of the
> > concurrent areas where you need to stop processing somewhere in the
> > middle of the code and testing that area without this kind of
> > injection point framework is really difficult or may not be even
> > possible.  We wanted to test the case of clog group update where we
> > can get multiple processes added to a single group and get the xid
> > status updated by the group leader, you can refer to my test in that
> > thread[1] (the last patch test_group_commit.patch is using this
> > framework for testing).
>
> Could you be more specific?  test_group_commit.patch includes this
> line but there is nothing specific about this injection point getting
> used in a test or a callback assigned to it:
> ./test_group_commit.patch:+     INJECTION_POINT("ClogGroupCommit");

Oops, I only included the code changes where I am adding injection
points and some comments to verify that, but missed the actual test
file. Attaching it here.

Note:  I think the latest patches are conflicting with the head, can you rebase?

-- 
Regards,
Dilip Kumar
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com