Subject: Re: Included xid in restoring reorder buffer changes from disk log message

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 10:29:05 +0900 (JST)

At Fri, 6 Oct 2023 14:58:13 +0530, vignesh C <[email-masked]> wrote in 
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 at 11:53, Dilip Kumar <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > It makes sense to include xid in the debug message, earlier I thought
> > that will it be a good idea to also print the toplevel_xid.  But I
> > think it is for debug purposes and only we have the xid we can fetch
> > the other parameters so maybe adding xid is good enough.

+1

> While having a look at the reorderbuffer code, I noticed that this
> changes were still not committed.
> Here is a rebased version of the patch.

While this patch makes the following change on the de-serializing side;

-			elog(DEBUG2, "restored %u/%u changes from disk",
+			elog(DEBUG2, "restored %u/%u changes of XID %u from disk",

the counter part ReorderBufferSerializeTXN() has the following
message.

> 	elog(DEBUG2, "spill %u changes in XID %u to disk",
>		 (uint32) txn->nentries_mem, txn->xid);

It might be preferable for those two messages to have a corresponding
appearance.

regards.

-- 
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center