Subject: Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 18:44:46 +0900

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 11:09:45AM +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> I haven't specifically done a review or testing of this patch, but I
> have used this for testing the CLOG group update code with my
> SLRU-specific changes and I found it quite helpful to test some of the
> concurrent areas where you need to stop processing somewhere in the
> middle of the code and testing that area without this kind of
> injection point framework is really difficult or may not be even
> possible.  We wanted to test the case of clog group update where we
> can get multiple processes added to a single group and get the xid
> status updated by the group leader, you can refer to my test in that
> thread[1] (the last patch test_group_commit.patch is using this
> framework for testing).

Could you be more specific?  test_group_commit.patch includes this
line but there is nothing specific about this injection point getting
used in a test or a callback assigned to it:
./test_group_commit.patch:+	INJECTION_POINT("ClogGroupCommit");

> Overall I feel this framework is quite useful
> and easy to use as well.

Cool, thanks.
--
Michael