Subject: Re: Fix gin index cost estimation

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 11:08:02 -0500

Alexander Korotkov <[email-masked]> writes:
> I'm going to push this and backpatch to all supported versions if no objections.

Push yes, but I'd counsel against back-patching.  People don't
generally like unexpected plan changes in stable versions, and
that's what a costing change could produce.  There's no argument
that we are fixing a failure or wrong answer here, so it doesn't
seem like back-patch material.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Alexander Korotkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 22:53:00 +0300

> seem like back-patch material.

Pushed to master, thank you.  I've noticed the reason for
non-backpatching in the commit message.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov