Subject: Fix incorrect comment reference

From: James Coleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 08:31:04 -0500

Hello,

See the attached for a simple comment fix -- the referenced
generate_useful_gather_paths call isn't in grouping_planner it's in
apply_scanjoin_target_to_paths.

Thanks,
James Coleman

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:26:31 -0500

> apply_scanjoin_target_to_paths.

The intended reading of the comment is not clear. Is it telling you to
look at grouping_planner because that's where we
generate_useful_gather_paths, or is it telling you to look there to
see how we get the final target list together? If it's the former,
then your fix is correct. If the latter, it's fine as it is.

The real answer is probably that some years ago both things happened
in that function. We've moved on from there, but I'm still not sure
what the most useful phrasing of the comment is.

-- 
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com