Subject: Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 15:46:53 +0900

On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 09:21:00PM -0800, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Surely your tap test should be using single user mode?  Perhaps you
> missed the obnoxious HINT, that's part of the WARNING that the test
> parses?  ;-)

I may be missing something, but you cannot use directly a "postgres"
command in a TAP test, can you?  See 1a9d802, that has fixed a problem
when TAP tests run with a privileged account on Windows.
--
Michael

---

From: Peter Geoghegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 20:46:24 -0800

> when TAP tests run with a privileged account on Windows.

I was joking. But I did have a real point: once we have tests for the
xidStopLimit mechanism, why not take the opportunity to correct the
long standing issue with the documentation advising the use of single
user mode?

-- 
Peter Geoghegan

---

From: Jacob Champion <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 15:25:46 -0700

> long standing issue with the documentation advising the use of single

Does https://commitfest.postgresql.org/42/4128/ address that
independently enough?

--Jacob

---

From: Peter Geoghegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 16:24:48 -0700

> Does https://commitfest.postgresql.org/42/4128/ address that

I wasn't aware of that patch. It looks like it does exactly what I was
arguing in favor of. So yes.

-- 
Peter Geoghegan