Subject: Re: Set query_id for query contained in utility statement

From: Anthonin Bonnefoy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2024 09:19:08 +0200

I've realised my initial approach was wrong, calling the post parse
for all nested queries in analyze.c prevents extension like pgss to
correctly track the query's nesting level.

I've changed the approach to replicate what's done in ExplainQuery to
both CreateTableAs and DeclareCursor: Jumble the query contained by
the utility statement and call the post parse hook before it is
planned or executed. Additionally, explain's nested query can itself
be a CreateTableAs or DeclareCursor which also needs to be jumbled.
The issue is visible when explaining a CreateTableAs or DeclareCursor
Query, the queryId is missing despite the verbose.

EXPLAIN (verbose) create table test_t as select 1;
                QUERY PLAN
------------------------------------------
 Result  (cost=0.00..0.01 rows=1 width=4)
   Output: 1

Post patch, the query id is correctly displayed.

EXPLAIN (verbose) create table test_t as select 1;
                QUERY PLAN
------------------------------------------
 Result  (cost=0.00..0.01 rows=1 width=4)
   Output: 1
 Query Identifier: 2800308901962295548

Regards,
Anthonin Bonnefoy