Subject: Re: Disallow UPDATE/DELETE on table with unpublished generated column as REPLICA IDENTITY

From: Amit Kapila <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2024 12:02:35 +0530

On Tue, Nov 12, 2024 at 7:05 PM Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On 2024-Nov-12, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> > I think we still need a fix for the master for the case when generated
> > columns are not published but are part of REPLICA IDENTITY as that
> > could lead to failures in applying UPDATE and DELETE on subscriber.
>
> Ah, I thought that was already in place.
>

No, we left it with the thought that we needed something for it in the
back branches as well. But now that we have decided not to do anything
for the back branches, we should fix it in HEAD.

> > Am, I missing something?
>
> Nope, it's me who was missing something.
>

No problem, thanks for all the feedback and helping us to conclude.

-- 
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.