Subject: Re: ecpg_config.h symbol missing with meson

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:15:00 -0400

Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]> writes:
> I checked the generated ecpg_config.h with make and meson, and the meson 
> one is missing

> #define HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT 1

> This is obviously quite uninteresting, since that is required by C99. 
> But it would be more satisfactory if we didn't have discrepancies like 
> that.  Note that we also kept ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY in ecpg_config.h for 
> compatibility.
> ...
> Alternatively, we could remove the symbol from the make side.

Think I'd vote for removing it, since we use it nowhere.
The ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY precedent feels a little bit different,
since there's not the C99-requires-the-feature angle.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:32:26 +0200

> since there's not the C99-requires-the-feature angle.

Ok, fixed by removing instead.