Subject: Re: Assert failure of the cross-check for nullingrels

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 16:22:30 -0400

Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]> writes:
> So, is this done?  I see that you made other commits fixing related code
> several days after this email, but none seems to match the changes you
> posted in this patch; and also it's not clear to me that there's any
> test case where this patch is expected to change behavior.  (So there's
> also a question of whether this is a bug fix or rather some icying on
> cake.)

Well, the bugs I was aware of ahead of PGCon are all fixed, but there
are some new reports I still have to deal with.  I left the existing
open issue open, but maybe it'd be better to close it and start a new
one?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Richard Guo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 10:25:40 +0800

> > also a question of whether this is a bug fix or rather some icying on

This issue is fixed at 991a3df22.

> open issue open, but maybe it'd be better to close it and start a new

I went ahead and closed it, and then started two new open items for the
two new issues --- one is about assert failure and wrong query results
due to incorrectly removing PHVs, the other is about inconsistent
nulling bitmap in nestloop parameters.

Thanks
Richard