Subject: [PATCH v9 04/15] doc: s/evade/avoid/

From: Justin Pryzby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 17:16:07 -0500

---
 src/backend/access/gin/README         | 2 +-
 src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/src/backend/access/gin/README b/src/backend/access/gin/README
index 125a82219b..41d4e1e8a0 100644
--- a/src/backend/access/gin/README
+++ b/src/backend/access/gin/README
@@ -413,7 +413,7 @@ leftmost leaf of the tree.
 Deletion algorithm keeps exclusive locks on left siblings of pages comprising
 currently investigated path.  Thus, if current page is to be removed, all
 required pages to remove both downlink and rightlink are already locked.  That
-evades potential right to left page locking order, which could deadlock with
+avoids potential right to left page locking order, which could deadlock with
 concurrent stepping right.
 
 A search concurrent to page deletion might already have read a pointer to the
diff --git a/src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c b/src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c
index 2c0b362502..0591c9effc 100644
--- a/src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c
+++ b/src/backend/utils/adt/jsonpath_exec.c
@@ -35,7 +35,7 @@
  * executeItemOptUnwrapTarget() function have 'unwrap' argument, which indicates
  * whether unwrapping of array is needed.  When unwrap == true, each of array
  * members is passed to executeItemOptUnwrapTarget() again but with unwrap == false
- * in order to evade subsequent array unwrapping.
+ * in order to avoid subsequent array unwrapping.
  *
  * All boolean expressions (predicates) are evaluated by executeBoolItem()
  * function, which returns tri-state JsonPathBool.  When error is occurred
-- 
2.17.0

--L6iaP+gRLNZHKoI4
Content-Type: text/x-diff; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="v9-0005-doc-Add-logical-replication-support-to-replicate-.patch"