Subject: RepOrigin vs. replorigin

From: Masahiko Sawada <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2026 13:24:27 -0800

Hi all,

While reading the code in origin.c, I found the inconsistent use of
RepOrigin and replorigin (with an 'l') quite confusing -- especially
when trying to determine names for new functions or variables. For
instance,

- RepOriginId
- InvalidRepOriginId

- RM_REPLORIGIN_ID
- XLOG_REPLORIGIN_{SET|DROP}
- replorigin_session_origin
- replorigin_session_xxx() functions

Is there a conventional rule for choosing one over the other depending
on context? Or should we consider unifying these naming conventions?"

Regards,

-- 
Masahiko Sawada
Amazon Web Services: https://aws.amazon.com