Subject: Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock

From: Dilip Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:16:05 +0530

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 5:57 PM Dilip Kumar <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 4:34 PM Dilip Kumar <[email-masked]> wrote:

> In my last email, I forgot to give the link from where I have taken
> the base path for dividing the buffer pool in banks so giving the same
> here[1].  And looking at this again it seems that the idea of that
> patch was from
> Andrey M. Borodin and the idea of the SLRU scale factor were
> introduced by Yura Sokolov and Ivan Lazarev.  Apologies for missing
> that in the first email.
>
> [1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/2627/

In my last email I have just rebased the base patch, so now while
reading through that patch I realized that there was some refactoring
needed and some unused functions were there so I have removed that and
also added some comments.  Also did some refactoring to my patches. So
reposting the patch series.

-- 
Regards,
Dilip Kumar
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com