Subject: killing perl2host

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:46:28 -0500

Largely following a recipe from Andres, I have migrated buildfarm
animals fairywren and jacana to a setup that shouldn't need (and in fact
won't be able to use) PostgreSQL::Test:Utils::perl2host(). AFAICT these
two are the only buildfarm animals that run TAP tests under msys.

See discussion at
<https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]>

The lesson to be learned, incidentally, is "Don't use the msys targeted
perl to run TAP tests".

I suggest that we apply this patch:

diff --git a/src/test/perl/PostgreSQL/Test/Utils.pm
b/src/test/perl/PostgreSQL/Test/Utils.pm
index 57fcb24089..31e2b0315e 100644
--- a/src/test/perl/PostgreSQL/Test/Utils.pm
+++ b/src/test/perl/PostgreSQL/Test/Utils.pm
@@ -311,7 +311,7 @@ The returned path uses forward slashes but has no
trailing slash.
 sub perl2host
 {
    my ($subject) = @_;
-   return $subject unless $Config{osname} eq 'msys';
+   return $subject;
    if ($is_msys2)
    {
        # get absolute, windows type path

and if nothing breaks in a few days I will set about a more thorough
removal of perl2host() and adjusting everywhere it's called, and we can
forget that the whole sorry mess ever happened :-) I know a number of
people who will be overjoyed.

cheers

andrew

-- 

Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com