Subject: Easy dump of partitioned and inherited data

From: Przemysław Sztoch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 17:46:31 +0200

|1. Switch --load-via-partition-root is very useful.
Would it be a big deal to add extra information to the |||dump |custom 
format so that this switch can be specified from pg_restore level?

2. Another common usability problem is a quick dump of the selected 
parent table.
It is important that it should includes all inherited tables or 
subpartitions.
Now you can't just specify -t root-table-name, because you'll usually 
get an empty data dump.

The list of necessary tables is sometimes very long and, when using 
timescaledb, partition tables are called not humanly.

|
-- 
Przemysław Sztoch | Mobile +48 509 99 00 66

---

From: Przemysław Sztoch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 23:44:32 +0200

Przemysław Sztoch wrote on 17.05.2023 17:46:||||
||
> |2. Another common usability problem is a quick dump of the selected 
> parent table.
Just saw that the problem was solved in "[Proposal] Allow pg_dump to 
include all child tables with the root table"
and "pg_dump - read data for some options from external file 
<https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/2573/>".
-- 
Przemysław Sztoch | Mobile +48 509 99 00 66