Subject: Re: postgres_fdw and skip locked

From: Ashutosh Bapat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 19:10:53 +0530

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 4:23 PM Alexander Pyhalov
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Now select ... for update ... [skip locked|nowait] options are not
> pushed down to remote servers. I see the only reason is that we can
> speak to pre-9.5 server, which doesn't understand skip locked option.
> Are there any other possible issues? Should we add foreign table option
> to control this behavior?

Should we always push these clauses if remote server's version is
newer than 9.5? There are quite a few options already. It will be good
not to add one more.

I see that these options will work for all kinds of relations. So no
problem if foreign table is pointing to something other than a table.

-- 
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat