Subject: Re: [PATCH} Move instrumentation structs

From: David Rowley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2026 09:24:43 +1300

On Tue, 6 Jan 2026 at 03:39, Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I also happened to notice an old typo "its" which should be "it's" in
> tuplesort.c while reading your patch.

There's a bit of conflicting opinion going on here with the changes
made in 128897b101e0.

"false when it's value for in-memory space"

I think the differing opinions depend on what you fill in the missing
words with in the badly written English. If you read "value" as "the
value", then "it's" is correct. Whereas if you read it as "value is",
then "its" is correct. I assume you didn't read it the same way as
John did.

Maybe worth fixing this up to prevent this from being continually
changed and changed back.

How about:

-       bool            isMaxSpaceDisk; /* true when maxSpace is value
for on-disk
-                                                                *
space, false when it's value for in-memory
-                                                                * space */
+       bool            isMaxSpaceDisk; /* true when the maxSpace
value tracking is
+                                                                *
on-disk space, false means it's tracking
+                                                                *
memory space */

David